Finally back working on Red Frame! This weekend I’ve built the wasit unit, not the most exciting part but critical nonetheless.
A fair amount of pieces for such a small part of the mobile Suit, I found it quite surprising each leg peg contains 4 pieces, but as with the other joints on this kit it’s very sturdy thanks to it. Loads of internal detailing as usual, the skeletal style of Red Frame leaves more of this on show than most kits but alot does still get hidden away.
Partially completed. The front and side skirts connect using the ball joints to allow maximum movement.
And the completed wasit unit, front view…
And rear view.
Wow, I’ve just realised it’s a year to the day since I posted my first worklog for this unit! I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these kits and rushing just isn’t an option. Now the clocks have changed over here the evernings are alot brighter so hopefully i’ll be able to finish this one off in the coming weeks.